Do you have an ownership mindset and thrive off being empowered in your role to achieve your organization's mission? Are you a natural leader with strong experience building and leading happy and successful teams? Are you passionate about internal and external customer service? Are you organized, energetic, and an incredible project manager? And do you align with our values of excellence, honor, innovation, abundance minded, stewardship, and integrity?
If so, you may be a great fit in our organization as a Community Manager (Property Manager / Business Manager) for one of the largest portfolio of properties in our organization and making a positive impact on the lives of working families by providing the best housing value in the country.
In this role you would lead the on-site team to ensure the efficient overall operation and profitable performance to exceed company standards in marketing, occupancy, collections, expense control, property maintenance and curb appeal, resident relations and team development.
We operate manufactured housing communities with homes we have designed and ordered from the best manufacturers in the country offering three bedrooms and two bathrooms, open floor plans with vaulted ceilings and large outdoor decks. We have owned and operated manufactured housing communities since 1974, with 7,000 mobile home and apartment housing units in Colorado, Texas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Nevada, New Mexico and North Carolina.
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunity to be an integral contributor to the continued growth of an organization that is well-established, lives and breathes its values, is thriving, is an active member participants of multiple industry organizations and holds an A+ rating as a member of the Better Business Bureau
- Empowerment in a true leadership role and support for your ongoing growth and professional development
- A fast-paced environment where each day brings different challenges/opportunities
- Ability for your ideas to be heard and for your contribution to be deeply valued
- Ability to work with a team of caring professionals who truly value teamwork
- Competitive pay with comprehensive benefits, a performance based bonus program, and PTO
What we’ll expect from you and what you'll be doing:
- Utilizing your extremely strong leadership skills to train, develop, coach, and manage your team of maintenance and customer service (leasing) professionals to achieve 100% occupancy, timely rent collection, and happy teams with long-term retention
- Facilitate a phenomenal resident experience, personally provide outstanding customer service to the people that live in our communities, oversee maintenance work order completion, and inspect grounds daily to ensure and enforce compliance with safety and company curb appeal standards
- Conduct market analysis (e.g. rent rates, occupancy rates, amenities, move-in specials, etc.), market your communities through a variety of platforms, and assist prospective residents through the leasing process in accordance with our policies and Fair Housing regulations to achieve our occupancy standards
- Use your outstanding project management skills, creative resourcefulness and ownership mindset to facilitate all aspects of the additions of beautiful new manufactured homes on our properties and create and implement initiatives to improve our property on an ongoing basis while staying within budget
- Use your strong business / accounting and technical skills to analyze financial statements and ensure they are sound, approve and categorize all payables, create and share reports from Yardi on KPIs, and participate in budget planning and budget management
- Ability to learn quickly, with a love of taking on new challenges
- Other duties as assigned
Authorization to work in the US
- Minimum 5+ years relevant experience building and leading teams and excellent leadership skills
- Property build and/or management (especially multi-family and/or manufactured housing) experience preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, prioritization, time management, organization, and listening skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess valid / active driver's license
- Yardi experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent experience
Ascentia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.